Was wissen wir über genetische Ursachen von Krankheiten?
David Altshuler, Deputy Director des Broad Institute in Cambridge/USA, spricht im Rahmen der „Tauchgänge in die Wissenschaft“ über „Genetic Causes of Diseases“.
- Ph.D. at Harvard University, M.D. at Harvard Medical School
- Since 2003 Director of the Broad Institute’s Program in Medical and Population Genetics
- 2004 founding core Member of the Broad Institute
- Co-Leader of the International HapMap Project (since 2002) and 1000 Genomes Project (since 2008)
- Professor of Genetics and Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Professor at the Department of Molecular Biology, the Diabetes Unit of the Department of Medicine, and the Center for Human Genetic Research, all at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Since 2012 Adjunct Professor of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Area of work:
- Studying human genetic variation and its application to disease, using tools and information from the Human Genome Project